HEY!!!! Well, a lot of you already know about my trip to Connecticut...which was absolutely totally incredibly AWESOME. I am SO thankful that God gave us this opportunity to see each other and spend some time together; it was really a blessing!! (even though i failed her drivers ed test...lol) I'm so sorry i'm not posting any pics, but...you know my computer. it has a mind of its own.
also, last Friday night was Katherine's graduation dinner/ceremony!! That was really awesome too...although I am going to be sick and tired of ziti, pulled pork, and baked beans by the end of the month (we have enough leftovers to feed ten armies). But anyways, my dad did a slideshow presentation while telling about some highlights of Katherine's life...including her birth (of course), the birth of her sisters, her first job, and her salvation...plus more. Oh yeah, before that, I played a couple songs on my guitar in front of everyone. Good thing I didn't mess up too much. But anyways, after the slideshow, my parents gave Katherine her diploma. yay!!
ok...well, when I was at Bethy's house, her dad played some songs for me that he wrote. Then I played some songs for him that I didn't write. He encouraged me to write songs cuz he said if he could do it, then I definitely could. Well, i don't think writing songs or poems is one of my best areas, but when i got home, i finished writing one that i had started a while ago. it's more of a poem than a song, and it's not very good......but here it is. (feel free to show it to your dad, beth)
The world was made from one spoken word;
Perfect, without blemish, and good.
God put man in this beautiful place
To dominate it and live on its face.
But by one man's sin, corruption entered in;
Sin would be committed by every single man.
But there is one exception: the Lord Jesus Christ.
God's precious Son, the perfect sacrifice.
After a sinless life, he was hung on a tree.
He was scorned, mocked, then placed between two thieves.
God the Father's wrath poured out in full degree,
All upon Christ's shoulders so sinners could be free.
Now, though vile and wicked, all of human race
May freely be saved through Christ's love and grace.
Though many are not called, and remain in their sin,
I'm so thankful Christ died; MY soul to win.
But that's not all; One more thing must be said!
Christ did not remain in the tomb where he was laid.
After three days he rose again
And is now interceding for us at the Father's right hand.
So won't you come and join with me now
In humble worship and adoration we bow
Before the King of Kings and Lord of Lords
Who will reign over us with justice forevermore!
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
thats awesome emy! that is really a wonderful song/poem! can i send you some of my songs do you think you could write music to them?
i am so glad you had a good time! i love you! congrats to kathy!
yeah, like i told you on AIM...i didn't write music for it or anything, and I'm not good at making up music for anything. Sooo...sorry! can't help you there! love ya too
that's awesome emy!!!!! beautiful! i will show my dad, and i'll tell you what he says.
thanks bethy
I love it! It's so powerful (and straight from scripture!). Do you mind if I write it down?
thanks! and no i don't mind jane jane, go right ahead! =)
sorry i put jane twice lol
*giggle* That's OK. My brother's John John, so I guess I could be Jane Jane. =o
Oh, what's the name of your song?
uh, i haven't come up with a name yet actually...hehe it's kinda hard to name, don't you think? :p
True. Names can be quite difficult.
it should be christ love and grace
Post a Comment