Saturday, June 21, 2008

family conference!!!!!!!

I had such an awesome time last week!!!! Katherine and I went to a Reformed Baptist Family conference with several families from our church in Mount Bethel, PA. I heard some wonderful speakers and learned a lot about the book of Ruth (and God's providence through that account in the Bible), how God uses trials in the lives of His children (through the book of Job), and what true Christian love is (from 1 Corinthians 13). The singing was mostly hymns, and it was so beautiful!!! There were about 250 people there, and it's not often that I get to hear that many voices lifting praise to God in song. It gave me goosebumps! Every one sang in four-part harmony...even the teens!! It was so cool. I also had tons of fun spending time with some new friends I met there. There was Jennifer and Anna (pronounced Ah-na..she was from the Czech Republic and had a cool accent which i thought was awesome), who Katherine and I shared a room with...they were so much fun, and we had a blast making up this long story about how the maids stole Jennifer's pajamas. ;P I also met several other people incuding Megan, Macall (sp?), Natalie, John, Matt, Rebecca, Miriam, Tim, the Holleran kids, Stephanie, Kristen, and several others whose names i don't remember. And of course there were my friends from church, Katelynn, Coy, and Jacob. I enjoyed playing basketball, volleyball, and capture the flag with everyone. Pretty much everybody there was so nice!!! Oh yeah, I also sang in the chorale with Katherine and Jennifer, which was really fun...i love learning new songs, and they all sounded so pretty when everyone sang them together. Oh, and there was the softball game which would have been fun to play in, but I didnt...i still had fun watching the ERs beat the Orioles (don't ask), and the Conference people beat the Staff. =D Oh, and i didn't go tubing either...but when i did watch Katelynn go tubing, it was pouring down rain! but other that that one day, we had great weather. It was so beautiful up there!!

I really really hope i get to go next year.
Enjoy the pics! (they're in no particular order...and you can click on them for a larger image)
love in Christ,
Emily


playing basketball


somebody (possibly Ian??), John, Coy, Jacob, Kristen, Stephanie, Anna, Jennifer, and Jennifer's Dad getting ready to leave on the last day


Coy.


My church group L to R: Katherine, Mrs. Deason, Me, Coy Deason, Katelynn Dunlap, Mr. Dunlap, Mrs. Dunlap, Pastor Dundas, Jacob Dunlap, Mrs. Dundas. Down in front are Sara Deason and Brittany Dundas. Not pictured is Mrs. Melton.


tubing people


Jennifer and me at the grand piano


Jennifer, Anna, and me waiting for breakfast


Jennifer, and Molly Holleran


Kristen, Stephanie, Jennifer, and me on the formal dinner night


Sylvia Holleran (watching) and John (batting)


Katelynn and Tim (making a strange face)


the teen bonfire. we roasted marshmallows and made smores while the Holleran kids serenaded us with some amazing singing.


Jennifer!!


Pastor Dundas holding umbrella for Mrs. Dundas in the rain


Me and Katelynn at dinner on the first night


waiting for breakfast


the swings were fun.


Megan (sorry it's sideways)


somebody (batting) and Anna (watching)

No comments: