Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Hebrews 4:14-16

"Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may recieve mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Hebrews 4:14-16

This is one of my very favorite passages in Scripture. All of Hebrews is beautiful, but it one of those books that you have to read slowly so you can grasp what each verse is saying. It's so jam-packed full of doctrine and truths!

As for these particular verses, isn't it amazing that our Savior came to Earth and became like us? He became just like us in all senses except for sin. He experienced pain and suffering and temptation so that he could sympathize with our weaknesses. With this in mind, we can approach Christ with our problems and griefs in confidence because we know he went through what we are going through! He can sympathize with our weaknesses because He Himself went through trials. So through this, He gives us grace and strength to bring us through difficult times. What could be more encouraging than that?!? Our Savior is truly awesome.

8 comments:

Keith M. said...

Yeah, I'm thankful that he can empithize(sp?) with us.

Nichi said...

Hum...

:)

Emily said...

hey Christina! wow, when was the last time you commented on here? i can't remember......!

well, anyways, see ya soon...love ya!

Jane said...

AMEN! I LOVE those verses because I'm always needin' to draw near to His throne of grace.

That's a really cute picture. Are they babies you know?

fullyrandom said...

Hi Emily, Hi Jane, Hi Nichi!

Emily said...

no, I got that picture in an e-mail once, and I just loved it, so I saved it. I love cute pictures of babies. lol...

hi johnny!

Jane said...

HI JOHNNY!

Me too! They're such precious lil darlings. Two years ago my cousin had twin boys. I loved watchin' 'em.

Emily said...

I've got the most adorable baby sis in the world...I'll post a picture of her soon for ya.