Again, I just cannot think of anything to say so I guess I'll just put a few of the things I had to write for my schoolwork on here. ;-)
A Personal Report
Written on October 3, 2006
Many people put their faith into various false things, but there is only one being who is worthy of everyone’s true faith and devotion. What is faith? Many dictionaries may define faith in this way: “A firm belief in something for which there is no proof.” When the word faith is used biblically, we can go straight to God‘s Word to find a definition: “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” (Hebrews 11:1) If someone speaks about having faith in God, the dictionary’s definition is a poor one because there is a tremendous amount of evidence to prove God’s existence. The latter definition, which comes straight from God’s Word, is much more suitable. If someone has faith in God, he believes that God exists and is the creator and controller of the entire universe (Hebrews 11:3, Isaiah 42:5). Even though no one can see God physically because he is a spirit (John 4:24a), thousands of people put their faith in Him because they know from His perfect Word that He is all-knowing and the King of kings (1Timothy 6:15)! What or who are you putting your faith in?
A Plotted Poem
Written on September 6, 2006
Grasping the needle with hands unsteady,
I raise my thread to the needle standing ready.
“Impossible!” I realize as I ponder my goal.
“A thread cannot possibly slip through that hole!”
“I must give up,” I sadly confess.
“But if I turn back now, my shirt will be seamless!”
So back to the needle I determinedly go,
Once again holding it up just so.
Trying so hard to keep my hands from shaking,
I couldn’t believe the fuss I was making.
It’s only a little eye, and a thread to go through it;
It must go in somehow…at last! I knew it!
The stubborn thread finally went through.
My victory is great, my hopes are renewed;
I sew with great joy, until alas! Oh no!
My thread is short again! Here we go…
Personal Experience
Written on December 1, 2005
When I walked into the hospital room, my eyes darted straight toward Abigail, my new baby sister. I was determined to be the first to hold her. Pushing my big sister Katherine aside, I stepped forward waiting to be handed the small bundle.
“Go sit in that chair so you won’t drop her,” directed my dad, who was holding Abigail. I obeyed, but my eyes were still glued to my sister.
My dad gently placed the warm bundle into my arms. Peeking out from behind the blanket were two blue eyes staring up at me. She was the most adorable baby that I had ever seen!
“She’s even cuter than I thought she would be!” I remarked. Everyone in the room laughed, except for Katherine who was glaring at me because I got to hold her first.
After Katherine finally got her turn to see Abigail, we all exited the room with big smiles spread across our faces.
~Emily
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
AWW cuuuute! Your a really good writer!!!
Thanks!!
I'm not nearly as good as you, though...I still haven't gotten around to reading your story yet! I read the first page and it was soooooo good, but i've been too busy to read the rest.
shame on me.
=)
hey, you are a good writer! i really like those. the needle and thread one was cute....;) they were all really good though. the one about faith was very encouraging.
steph
p.s~don't worry, i have the same problem with my blog...lol
Aw, thanks, Steph!
no prob, Emily. oh, did Katherine tell u? i'm gonna write our "opera" soon...as soon as i finish my fugue for school probably. :D hehe
steph
no, Katherine didn't tell me!
cool! :0)
Post a Comment