Saturday, May 20, 2006

I'm sooo tired. In fact, i just woke up from a nap! (some people are surprised i take naps, but i do...) I got up at 6:45 this morning to help the Pregnancy Center with their yard sale today. They were getting low on money so they had to do a "fast" fundraiser so they just put this together at the last minute. I didn't even hear about it till the day before yesterday! I think it went pretty well. there were a bunch of clothes and odds and ends and there was an expensive bow and arrow that Mr. Shawn bought for $600 and he was selling it for $100. I think somebody bought it, but he had to run home or something before he took it and i never saw him come back!
I helped set up the clothes on the rack and i also helped Gabby and Naomi with their cookie/orange juice stand. we sold them for 25 cents a cookie and 25 cents a cup. we made $15...not bad!
Katherine, Katelynn, and Christina went all the way down to the corner of the street and held "Yard Sale" signs so more people would come. I didn't go cuz i was still helping with the cookie stand, but i wish i did! they said it was really fun waving to people and telling them to honk...i guessed i missed out on that...
there was this one 10- or 11-year-old boy who asked me if i would sell him a $10 bill for $1! he was really funny...katherine said she saw gim in a car at the corner and he yelled "hey!" out the window to them. haha...

eybdoog-

8 comments:

Nichi said...

AHA! that boy was so funny! he stuck his head out of the van and yelled "hey!" we screamed "HI!!!!" awesome kid...haha...sorry, Im in a terrible good mood right now.

Anonymous said...

cool! i love doing stuff like that!

Anonymous said...

yeah and that car full of guys that cheered at us was cool too! and the motorcycle guy that waved! yeah!! yeah the kid was cool. i wish i coulda met him. he seemed real funny. i like funny 10 year old boys they crack me up.

Anonymous said...

The phc is not low on money! There just need some money. How come you got up at 645 but didnt get there till 800?

Nichi said...

badum ba dump ba dit badee.
Laadeedaadeedah!
*Ahem*
Where are you emily? you need to post more often

Anonymous said...

yah emz! were are ya huh???

Anonymous said...

my humblest apologies, my fellow friends...

my time is up for the computer right now...i was going to post today. I know i haven't posted in forever!! i know how i don't like it when other people never post, but now i'm doing it! But i ahve to get off now or somebody will get mad at me. I promise i'll post before i leave for Texas, though.
see you guys later!! i hope ya understand.

Nichi said...

of course we understand...:)