Here's a portion of an e-mail that I wrote to my good (but lost) friend whom I was witnessing to. I sent them about a year ago, and as I re-read my old e-mails to her, and found some really good stuff that I had forgotten about...and should be applied to a Christian's everyday life!
"...One thing that I have realized in the past few days is that because we have a gracious God, sometimes we continue sinning, because we know we won't be dead on the spot, because God is forgiving. Many times I fall into this, and I just get comfortable with all the blessings that God gives me that I just forget that He is there.
Here's an example...we don't break the law of the government because we know we'll get arrested and put in jail because that's what we deserve. However, we comfortably break God's law, because we know He is gracious and won't kill us right then and place us in the fiery furnace that we deserve. However, if we continue doing this, and keep on sinning, our death will come upon us one day and we will suffer for all eternity. Many people don't realize how short their lives are.
Think about this...there is eternity all behind us, because God always has been. There is eternity all ahead of us, because God always will be. As for us, we are just a puff of smoke in the middle that will soon vanish into eternity future, either in heaven or hell.
Therefore, we must constantly acknowledge that God created us, is ruler over us, and sent His Son to suffer the punishment for our sins for us. ALL this, out of his amazing love! I just cannot comprehend God's amazing love he has for sinners who constantly disobey him!!"
What a great God we have!!!!!!!!!!!
~Emily
Sunday, September 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
that is awesome emy! i can't believe after reading that she still has such a hard heart! i love you!!
Yeah, I've actually been learning that myself, Don't push God to the limit.
amen emy
After reading this again...and reading the comments I just have something in responce to Beths Comment...without God we would still have "such a hard heart" too, But God saved us so that we could see and He came into our Hearts so that they would not be hard. Without God wewould be just like her! Love you guys!
Post a Comment