Hellooo...
Well, for those of you who are involved in Flixster, I just wanted to let you know that I joined yesterday, but deleted my account today.
Reasons:
1. It's confusing
2. It's too much for me to do because I have blogs to visit and e-mails to respond to, and I'm on a time limit
3. I don't know some of the people who do the chat thing on my profile-whatever-it-is
4. I already have a blog, and I decided it's more profitable to spend my time writing posts about God than rating movies
just wanted let you know...
Now, on to what's been going on the past few days...
This entire week is a conference at my church. (For those of you who don't know, my church is very small...about 50 people, including kids.) Dr. Jim Renihan is here from California to teach us a course on the 1689 Confession of Faith. The first night was last night (Monday), and he will be speaking from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. (4 hours!) every night this week, as well as a few hours Saturday morning. Last night was VERY good, and I'm looking forward to hearing him again tonight. My dad and my sis Katherine both took off work, and my and my sisters are taking off of school for this who week, so it's been nice. Today we went and saw Shrek the Third! VERY funny movie, but the princesses got annoying. (you'll see what i mean if you ever see it.) I give it 3 1/2 stars...
ttyl,
~Emily
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
Our church isn't real big either, 30 people including kids. But hey the smaller the more personal. I haven't seen Shreck at all. Are they pixar or dreamworks? Hope you have fun at the confrence! =D
oh Dr. JIm is AWESOME! you will be encouraged! I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and about flixter did you here what happend to Beth on there...oh dear i am pretty sure i have to delet mine now.....
I think I'm gonan lower my rating for Shrek 3 because my dad made a comment about it and got me thinking...he said there was some inappropriate humor in it...and there was! I laughed a lot, but most of the humor was just bad. I think I give it 2 stars now. ;)
yes, I definitely agree with you, keith; in a smaller church, you get to know everybody personally and that's always good.
Yes, Dr. Renihan is an AMAZING speaker. He is so incredibly knowledgable about the Confession, and I've been learning a lot!
No, what happened to Bethy???? Aw, poor Beth..first her blog and now this.
yeah well ya better ask her i dont want to say it on the blog....so email her. and yeah our church is bigger then that about 150 ppl but we all know every body its great i never want to go to a big church for that reason. I have friends that dont even know there pastors of there church
and yeah i heard that movie was not very good
mine has 5,000 peole (and that's just people that are members) sooo... yah.
yah, i think i'm gonna delet my flixster... that was just worse then my blog. are you sure you want to know emy?
Wow....not knowing your pastor? That's scary, I don't have a problem with that, he's mi padre. =D
ummm...nah, maybe I don't wanna know what happened. Sorry about that Beth!!
That's so cool you're the pastor's son...my dad used to be a pastor too. He pastored a church in Colorado, then we moved to DE and he became an elder of our church, but he's not anymore. He stepped down because of memory problems I think. something like that. ;)
I can't imagine what it would be like to not know your own pastor! My pastor is very nice and makes jokes a lot...people always make fun of his messy hair and he always wears the same shirt every Sunday. haha! he's hilarious, but very serious about God.
i don't know my pastor.
i am sorry Beth but that is so sad......
A tragedy.....=D. Emily, that's cool your papa used to be a pastor. I know of a couple people who's padres used to be pastors. Your dad sounds a lot like mine, when he preaches, he doesn't keep his cuffs buttoned. He also wears the same shirts most sundays, and carries a bible that is held together by duct tape. Well, I guess my bros and I usually wear the same shirt every sunday too, now my sisters is a different story......what was it like in Colorado?
I was talking about my pastor that I have now...he's not my dad. ;) But yeah, that's really funny how your dad sounds a lot like my pastor.
When we lived in Colorado, I was 4, so I don't remember much, but it was VERY nice there (we have pictures). We lived in a teeny tiny town where the nearest McDonalds was an hour away! It was pretty much in the desert, but it wasn't hot all the time. We could see some beautiful desert mountains from our house. But sadly, my dad was asked to leave the church (*cough* on my birthday, I might add). So we moved to DE, where my dad's parents lived. =D
Big churches are awful. (in my opponion, but no ofence, Beth. It's OK for some people, I guess.) There's just no sense of family or security in a church that size. I love my church. There's about 100 people in mine. It's mostly made up of kinds, I LOVE it. The average kids per family is about five (ish). There's one with 12, one's expecting their 10, one their 12. Yep, nice big families with lots of kids.
Oh my goodness! I can't type tonight! Anywho...
Yeah, my church seems to be pretty stable, it's only a 30 ppl church. But hey, some people like big churches.
i love small churches! i wish i was still going to my #1 church, i loved that place.
I wouldn't say that big churches are awful...Christ is the builder of his church and He just makes some churches really big! I prefer attending smaller churches, but all true churches are precious is God's eyes, and as long as they preach the true gospel, it doesn't matter if they're big or small! =)
Post a Comment