I have been thinking about something really amazing recently that has just been really eye-opening for me. Most people already know it and I think I already did too, but it was just in the back of my head and I just haven't given it much thought before.
God doesn't owe anybody anything! Everybody has sinned against His holy name and He is King over all, not owing them anything.
We, on the other hand, owe God everything. We owe Him all the glory, all the praise, and all our devotion. Yet because of our sin, we have failed terribly in all those areas.
Sooo....where's the hope?
Jesus Christ, of course!!!!! Because He loved us so much, He shed His absolutely perfect blood to cover all our debts and he paid for all we owe on the cross! He paid it perfectly and fully so that we may be made pure before God! Is that amazing or what???? This is just another reason for why our Almighty Savior is SO worthy of praise!! Blessed be the name of the Lord!
ALL I OWE
When this passing world is done
When has sunk yon glaring sun,
When we stand with Christ in glory
Looking o'er life's finished story;
Then, Lord, shall I fully know
Not till then, how much I owe.
And all I owe You paid for me;
From all I owe I've been set free;
And all I owe proves
Your great mercy to me!
When I stand before Your throne,
Dressed in beauty not my own;
When I see You as You are,
Love You with unsinning heart;
Then Lord, shall I fully know
Not till then, how much I owe.
Chosen not for good in me,
Wakened up from wrath to flee.
Hidden in the Savior's side,
By the Spirit sanctified.
Teach me, Lord on earth to show
By my love, how much I owe.
*~*Emily*~*
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Emily ~ Wow that poem is amazing and so true to all you said. All I can say is encouraging you are encouraging
that was awesome Em!! LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!
thanks! you guys are awesome, too!!
well, i didn't write that poem, of course...it's too good!! It's actually a hymn written by Robert Murray McCheyne. ;D
Love you!
Oh lol well you could of fooled me i thought you wrote it
Post a Comment