I spent most of my afternoon today with Abby. She's always constantly begging me to play with her so I try to make time for her when I can. So when my mom took Ketherine to work, I was left in the house with Abby, with no other option but to play with her.
I was in the mood for baking something, so I tried to convince her to help me make a chocolate cake, saying that we could even turn on some music in the kitchen to make it more fun. But she was determined to decorate something with glitter glue and paint. I said we could do that IF I could think of something we could decorate.
I couldn't think of a single thing in the house that we could cover in glitter, so I begged again to make the cake, but she firmly said "no". So we finally agreed on turning on some music on the computer in the basement really loud and dancing around. We did that for about 3 songs, then lo and behold, Abby got bored and said she would help me make the cake!!
So up the stairs we went and Abby said she wanted to make the whole cake by herself, with me just helping her on a few things. She did really good; cracked some eggs for the first time in her life, used the electric beater by herself, and even washed all the dishes!! In the oven it went, and after 30 minutes...*BEEP BEEP* it's done!
The aromas were intoxicating. After dinner, I put the frosting on and we were each rewarded with a piece of our chocolaty goodness. Which we will be eating leftovers of for the next 2 weeks.
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
AW THATS SOOOOOO CUTE!!! I like it! Adorable!
Post a Comment