From the scriptures..."For all flesh is like grass and all its glory like the flower of the grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls, but the word of the Lord remains forever." 1 Peter 1:24-25
"Of old you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you will remain; they will all wear out like a garment. You will change them like a robe, and they will pass away, but you are the same, and your years have no end." Psalm 102:25-27
"...because of the truth that abides in us and will be with us forever." 2 Peter 1:2
"Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord FOREVER." Psalm 23:6
Another poem by Andrew Nicewander...
I Am Not Able To Imagine
I am not able to imagine
The glory of eternal heaven
Nor guess at the awesome wonders
Of eternity spent with Thee
We must now suffer on this earth
We suffer for a Priceless Worth
This is not home, but here we wait
To live at Home with Thee
Alpha, omega; beginning, end
Your strength LORD God will help us Win
This life, oh Lord, will pass away
Our praises rise to Thee
You speak of splendid roads and walls
Of blazing jewels and gold and halls
But from whence comes this awesome place?
Oh Lord it comes from Thee
We’ll walk, oh Lord, purely in Light
Your Light, oh Lord, is ever bright
No darkness then will ever be
Our Light, oh Lord, is Thee
We will dwell with you forever
Lord bring salvation now or never
Keep me from your awesome wrath
Lord help me trust in Thee
My thoughts...
It is totally impossible for our finite minds to even imagine what forever will actually be like! Our souls actually have no end! Whether they be in heaven or hell, they will still exist to eternity.
For those who are still living in unrepentant sin, just thinking about eternity should fill them with horror. In hell, their souls will be in everlasting torment while the fullness of all God's wrath is poured out upon them every second. Even when they have gone through that for a million years, they will still feel the same as the first second they arrived.
But for those who are saved through the grace of God and through Jesus Christ alone, knowing that their souls will go on forever will bring them joy! Every Christian should look forward to seeing Christ their Savior in heaven face to face and praising and bringing Him glory for all eternity. "For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere." Psalm 84:10a
Well, that's just what I've been thinking about lately...again, please tell me if you disagree with anything I said. :-)
4 comments:
i hope it's okay with andrew that you put his poems on your blog.
j/k, i'm sure he wouldn't mind.
yeah, I was thinking that cuz it says they're copyright on his website, but I really doubt he would mind. It's not like I'm selling them or anything...
maybe from now on I'll just put fragments of them or just say the title so others can read them straight off his website. idk
Post a Comment